Bobber Project

Question for Fix My Hog

I am doing a bobber project on my 2005 883L. I am bobbing the fender and will no longer have the stock tail light assembly. What I want to do is use the rear turn signals for my RUN/STOP/TURN. I have watched the video on the Turn Module Kit and I see how it works. What can I do in my application? The signals only have 2-wires. I have electrical experience if you can provide a diagram of how to wire the RUN (BLUE) PURPLE/BROWN = LEFT AND RIGHT AND BLACK= GROUND. I do not see needing the 12vdc RED/ORG OR THE RED/YEL WIRES. NEXT- What dual filament bulb do I use? Do I need a different size fuse? Will the turn signals support what I want to do?

Via Email

Fix My Hog Answers

If the signal housings you are trying to use only have 2 wires, there is a good chance that they will not support all 3 functions. Sounds like you have single filament signal housings. You should be using dual filament signal housings {and bulbs} with a Bad Lands module; specific for supporting all 3 functions:
Running lights, Brake light, Signals.

Related Fix My Hog Videos:
Harley Cafe Racer Build
Harley LED Install

Have more questions? Check out our Q&A index page to find some answers.

  • (will not be published)

4 Responses to “Bobber Project”
  1. Big Al
    Big Al

    You need the triple play from Custom Dynamics. That turns single filament turn signals into brake and running lights. I converted my 01 road king to all led and used Custom Dynamic Products.

  2. Will H
    Will H

    I have a 84 shovelhead kick with an electric starter but someone cut out the wiring under the seat and took the efi box. Can I rewire the bike and run it without that box of I straight wire the ignition system to the coils

    • Customer Service
      Customer Service

      Hello Will,

      Sorry to hear about your situation.

      Great question! The ‘Ask an Expert’ section is currently for members of our online community. By becoming a member, you will have access to our expert’s knowledge in Hog repairs. With your membership you will also receive discounts on products and hours of Premium video content.

      If you are interested in becoming a member to Fix My Hog, please click on the special offer below.


      Fix My Hog Video Membership